KBM Advanced Materials, LLC (“KBM”) is a newly established company formed to finance, sell, and distribute metal powders to the additive manufacturing, MIM, and other advanced manufacturing markets.
KBM bridges the inventory gap between smaller lot customers and larger metal powder producers. Producers can schedule their production equipment to larger regular blanket orders from KBM. Customers can book jobs, plan R&D and operate their businesses knowing that KBM has in stock their raw material and it is only a day or two away.
If you are a producer know that KBM sells your product under your brand, preserving your brand recognition and value. If you are a consumer, know that KBM has in stock the alloy, size fraction AND brand that you need and depend on.
In addition, as a global market leader in metal powder alloys, KBM also provides a valuable e-commerce platform for customers that is not currently available at scale from any producer or supplier. Digital manufacturing deserves a digital marketplace for physical materials.
Technical and commercial support is provided by The Barnes Global Advisors.
Meet the KBM Advanced Materials team
Kevin Kemper – Founder & CEO
- 10+ years of experience in the metal and mining industry including at Rothschild and Grand River Ironsands
- BA in Economics, University of California, Berkeley
Bob Lapple – Head of Sales
- 30+ year metals career that includes commodity trading, structuring of commercial metal transactions, along with the associated sales that included financing, spot and forward sales and specific derivate products to hedge price risk
- These businesses encompassed the precious metals, base metal powders, base metals, binary alloys, all resulting in bottom line profits for several private and public companies
Donald A. Reisenberg – CFO
- 25+ years of finance and accounting experience, former CFO at Hamilton Specialty Bar and Kentucky Electric Steel Corp.
- BS Business and Accounting, University of Cincinnati
David B. Smith – Senior Advisor
- 15+ years as nonprofit/government executive at Presidio Trust, National Conference on Citizenship, and Mobilize.org
- BA in Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
Ben Cole – Head of Operations
- Supply Chain Professional having 47 years in the steel and aerospace industries with experience in lean and cost optimization
- BS in Applied Science, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio